Q, Why do we use our Kismet luxury hair ?
A,Kismet hair extensions are made from Russian Hair and Russian hair has a similar texture to western hair, this means that the hair doesn’t have to go through the many chemical processes that is needed when we are trying to smooth and soften hair sourced from other parts of the world such as china where the hair is much thicker and more course.
Q, Does Integration look natural?
A, Yes, My aim is always to create a natural looking and feeling Integration that has been bespoken for each individual. Every client is given a full aftercare plan to ensure the fitting stays neat and comfortable at all times.
Q, Can I do my normal activities ?
A, Yes, We would love you to do all the things you have felt you have been unable to do due to lack of confidence or the restrictions of you old hair loss solutions such as a wig or wearing fibers.
Our systems can be worn without any restrictions in the gym, whilst swimming and going about your daily life.
Q, Do I take my system off at night?.
A, No, The system is a semi permeant system and is worn 24 hours a day, This Is why hundreds of women choose our system over wearing a wig.
Q, How do I wash my hair ?
A, Durning your fitting you will be given a full step by step demonstration on how to take good care of your new hair.This will include washing and blow drying.
You can wash your new system as you would your natural hair and blow dry into your desired style. And if you really miss your salon visits you can even come for a lovely blow dry.
Q, How long does the system last?
A, Kismet hair will last up to 12 months if taken care of correctly, you must follow all of the aftercare in the aftercare section for the hair to be at its best for as long as possible.
The aftercare helps to keep not just the hair in good condition it also is to maintain the integrity of the Natural hair as well.
Your closure is usually replace every 6 months but again this all depends on the aftercare.
REFITS are around every 12 weeks during refits we remove the full system and treat your natural hair.
During refits we replace the mesh part of the system to maintain a good fit and keep hygiene standards to a maximum.
Q, Will Mesh integration damage my natural hair?
A, Mesh Integration and Hair extensions will not damage the natural hair as long as the quality is of a high standard and the correct fitting method is used. You must also follow all correct aftercare and refit instructions.
Mesh Integration is used to rest the natural hair and allow the hair to grow.
Many people wear our system for many reasons
To help rest chemical damaged hair
Hormone changes such as menopause or pregnancy have created a cycle of shedding and the clients has lost confidence Whilst waiting for the hair cycle to recover.
Stress induced hair loss.
Medical induced hair loss.
Hair loss due to anxiety disorders such as trichotillomania also known as trick.
Alopecia such as alopecia areata; alopecia areata, alopecia areata totalis and alopecia areata universalis.alopecia frontal fibrosante
Permeant hair loss from scaring.
Naturally fine or thinning hair
Q, How often will I have to have my hair extensions refitted?
A, I-Tips should be refitted every 10/12 weeks depending on the wearers hair growth pattern.
You will need to see me every 4 week for a check up and tightening to ensure your fitting is secure and comfortable.
Q, Are all systems the same?
A, Every client is an individual with different needs, so every fitting is tailored to the clients needs.
- Brush your integration system before shampooing your hair to ensure its tangle free.
- Secure the hair with one hand while detangling to avoid any pressure or tension on the weave or the closure.
- It is important to shampoo your hair with recommended and approved shampoo and apply conditioner only on the end of you hair and rinse thoroughly on the day of your extension application to ensure a strong and healthy connection
- When shampooing your hair work vertically not horizontally or in a circular motion this will create less tangles and make the hair easier to manage
- For best results leave conditioner in for 3-5 minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions. We recommend removing 80-90% of the wetness in your hair before applying conditioner.
- Only condition the hair from the ponytail down avoiding contact with the root area or locks however you may apply conditioner generously throughout the ends.
- Always use leave in conditioner on the ends to keep the ends looking silky.
- We recommend you close to the lace/silk only once a day, with a recommended hairbrush.
- Only use recommended brushes on your Kismet extensions and integration system . When wet use a detangling brush on your extensions and when styling use a natural bristled brush.
- Only use your recommended shampoo on your Kismet extensions as this will maximise your result and sustain the high quality of the hair. Not following this advice will reduce the lifespan of the extensions and closure.
- If you do go swimming always tie your hair in a ponytail and apply conditioner to the hair more regularly to act as a barrier against harmful chlorine/saltwater etc.
- When traveling to hot countries take care not to have your hair in direct sun light for long periods of time, just like with hair colour on the natural hair the sunlight can change the colour/tone of your hair extensions
- Do not allow more than 10/12 weeks between refitting’s. If you allow longer than this you will unbalance the weight ratio and could course unnecessary damage to the natural hair
- Cuticle Protection :The cuticle is a part of the hair that allows moisture in and out, if this becomes damaged due to heat or colour it will not close and then cause breakage. Once this is damaged that hair will feel rough to touch and may become matted and knotty. Protecting the cuticle of hair is very important and can be done with a few simple steps. These steps should be taken with natural hair and hair extensions.
*Use a thermal protection product at all times.
*Do not use the highest heat setting on a hairdryer, straighteners or tongs.
*Remove over 85% of damp before you begin to blow dry style.
DO NOT back combing.
*Use moisture based oils on mid length and ends of hair.
*Use professional products at all times.